7 Point Health & Hygiene plan
1. Guidance and industry best practice
We’re following all government guidelines and have been actively involved in scoping out industry best practice in partnership with key tourism bodies. Once confirmed, we’ll complete all necessary assessments and certification to validate our policies.
2. Our teams, supply chain and partners
We have ensured that everyone involved in our business is fully aware of and committed to our ethos. This includes:
• Every team member has been trained in new health and hygiene related procedures and their responsibility to guests and colleagues.
• New HR policies and processes have already been implemented.
• We have taken all necessary steps to follow the government’s Covid-19 Secure Workplace Guidelines.
• We have communicated with key suppliers and partners, to ensure that their policies and systems relating to health and hygiene meet industry standards.
We’ll share as much information as possible to provide assurance and transparency:
• We have updated all our pre-arrival email communications to provide additional information relating to health and hygiene.
• New in-property information sheets to promote hygiene and social distancing.
A new risk-based approach to cleaning has been implemented and all team members have been trained accordingly. Our properties are managed by the owners directly with daily involvement at The Yard with all staff, giving that reassuring personal touch to our holiday barns. Our cleaning staff are a local professional company, again, in touch with the owners directly on a daily basis and so able to discuss the specific and thorough cleaning requirements as they arise.
5. Social distancing
We share best practice support and advice with our guests before and during their stay at The Yard.
6. The future
We remain excited about future opportunities to continually innovate and improve our services to guests. We will continually review our processes to ensure safety for all over the coming months and ensure we continue to deliver memorable holidays across our beautiful county.
7. We are Proud to have remained safely open to critical workers through the lockdown period.